Mmm….nothing tastes better on a rainy afternoon than some extra cheesy, homemade Baked Ziti! In fact, at Carolina Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine, we’re known for our delicious rendition of the classic recipe. It’s been a secret for many years, but in light of these difficult times, we thought sharing a little bit of comfort food might help.
Easy Baked Ziti
- 1 (16 oz.) package dried Ziti pasta
- 1 lb. Italian sausage OR 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 (16. oz) jar Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 (8 oz.) jar Alfredo Sauce
- 1 (8 oz.) package shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in the ziti, return to a boil and cook, uncovered, about 12 minutes. Drain well.
- Cook the meat in a large skillet until browned. Drain well. (If using ground beef, add salt and pepper to taste.)
- In a large casserole dish, spoon in enough spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Layer half of the cooked ziti, half of the meat, half of the spaghetti sauce, half of the Alfredo sauce, and half of the cheese.
- Repeat layer.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted. About 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!